Why The Safari
The Safari is a call to radical Christianity, not with guns, machetes or explosives; but with a radical love for Jesus, the neighbour, the unloved and the unlovable; a godly appreciation for self, and a radical stewardship for God’s creation.
The Safari is a call to prioritize our mandate (walk with God) beyond our mission (service to God); to establish every believer as a disciple-maker; to enhance existing ministries through intentional discipleship; to establish discipleship for the whole family; and to ensure integration, involvement, and smooth transitions for all age groups of the Church.
How The Safari Works
Discipleship at the individual level forms the most critical component of The Safari and is aimed at helping the believer in:
- Understanding the foundations of the faith.
- Encountering God through personal disciplines and habits.
- Experiencing and expressing the love of God to one another in the body of Christ.
- Participating in Service and Ministry in line with individual skills, gifts and talents.
- Living a life of purpose by engaging in an integrated mission lifestyle as salt and light in the world.
Small Groups Level
As the Chinese saying goes, “If you want to go fast, go alone, but if you want to go far, go with others”. Because the journey of faith can be challenging, believers are therefore encouraged and expected to walk and grow together through:
- Bible study
- Care for one another, etc.
The focus of the congregation meeting is to celebrate our faith. It is the culmination of our daily Discipleship walk. Discipleship at the congregation level will be experienced through:
- Systematic Teaching of God’s Word
- Spirit Inspired Worship
- Participating in Church Ordinances
- Engagement in Service and Ministry
Affinity Groups Level
Affinity groups will be designed for individuals of similar life experiences, concerns, or professions. These groups will provide:
- Care and support for one another
- Development of relevant life skills
- Forum to apply various special experiences to the service of God
Whole Church Level
Every so often, the whole community of believers such as the CITAM family will need to come together in joint gatherings such as conferences, conventions, general meetings, or solemn assemblies. This aspect of discipleship in the whole church gathering involves;
- Vision and mission building
- Inspiration, prayer and motivation
- Reviewing church governance and administration for accountability and effectiveness