Christ Is The Answer Ministries (CITAM) dates back to 1952 when John McBride a PAOC missionary arrived in Nairobi with the vision of establishing a church
The first church services were held at Rahimtulla Hall near Jevanjee Street. In September 1960, the Church moved to 28 Valley Road where the present NPC Valley Road is located. The first sanctuary built by Rev. Richard Bombay was dedicated to God in October 1960. At that time the church was known as Pentecostal Evangelistic Centre (PEC).
The church was a small assembly of 20-30 members who were mainly European and Canadian expatriates. He built the first sanctuary that was dedicated to the Lord on 0ctober 22nd 1960.